Morning ritual- coffee replacement - "bean to bar"
Cacao is the purest form of chocolate - it is not the chocolate we know with sugar, preservatives and flavourings - it is raw and full of vitamins, minerals, anxtioxidants and fibre.
It is great for
- regular digestion
- energy boost
- heart health and cholesterol
- skin health
- relaxation and grounding
Cacao has a fantastic natural chemical called theobromine which gives us an energy burst, but without the jitters, anxiety and "come-down" of caffeine in coffee- so it is a great coffee replacement
I look forward to it every morning now, it gives me the energy boost I need to start the day, especially before exercise.
- 15-20g (heaped teaspoon) cut off the block. The block is brittle when you start to cut so there is no need to grate
- there are many ways of making your cacao, have a go and see what you prefer
1. pop a mug of milk of your choice (I use oat) into the microwave and then stir in the cacao bits after (a little handheld whisk is great for making some foam and smooth out the drink)
2. make on the hob in a saucepan of milk
3. boil a kettle, stir cacao into hot water and then add milk
4. you can also make an iced drink in a blender!
you can drink it alone, or add maple syrup, honey, cayenne pepper, cinnamon etc...
200g (2 blocks)
Made in Wicklow, Ireland